Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people.
Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care — from prevention, screenings and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
Who We Are
With more than 12,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing and Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, and we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership and staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our patients benefit from access to a broad range of services — all right here in our region.
Opportunity for advancement, become a Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Technician (CHEST).
Responsible for stripping and refinishing hard surface floors in all assigned areas using proper procedures.
Completes Assigned Work Projects The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Completes wall washing using proper procedures.
(2) Vacuums and cleans exterior of vents.
(3) Willingly fills in on other employee schedules as necessary.
(4) Assists in the development of new employees through one-on-one training.
AUTOMATIC FLOOR MACHINE OPERATION:
If applicable, Housekeeper IE Automatic Floor Machines cleans and maintains the corridors, patient rooms and offices in assigned work areas, following
established policies and procedures, to maintain high standards of cleanliness. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Assembles needed work materials and supplies prior to reporting to assigned area; thoroughly dry mops floors according to schedule; thoroughly
pull mops edges paying special attention to corners and baseboards.
(2) Maintains high gloss on floors by burnishing; Uses proper pad and changes pads on all machines at the beginning and halfway through the shift; Is
attentive to detail, scrapes up gum spots and removes scuff marks.
(3) Routine care and maintenance of equipment; checks battery level before and after charging and fills with distilled water when necessary; Empties
tanks and disconnects vac hoses, and allows machine to air dry; notifies supervisor of all malfunctions or changes in machine performance.
(4) Completes housekeeping duties in assigned work areas in a timely fashion, adhering to the predetermined standards.
If applicable; Housekeeper ID Carpet Care cleans and maintains the corridors, patient rooms and offices in assigned work areas, following established policies
and procedures, to maintain high standards of cleanliness The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Performs routine and corrective maintenance on carpets. Assembles needed work materials and supplies prior to reporting to assigned area,
prepares carpet by thoroughly vacuuming and edging first, proper spotting technique and thoroughly damp buffs or shampoos carpets as determined
by soiling; uses extraction equipment as needed. Sections off work area to allow proper drying time.
(2) Completes Housekeeping duties in assigned areas in a timely fashion, adhering to the predetermined standards.
(3) Cleans and sanitizes walls as necessary, according to isolation; changes visibly soiled cubicle curtains and draperies, wears proper attire depending
on type of isolation.
COMMUNICATION (ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES PROJECT WORKER):
Communicates Effectively The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Consults with supervisor concerning assignments and keeps supervisor informed of needs and problems.
(2) Works as a team member and communicates with fellow employees with tact and kindness.
(3) Demonstrates compassion by treating others with respect; avoids being judgmental, taking the time to listen, and react with understanding.
(4) Willingly accepts additional assignment as given by supervisor.
(5) Demonstrates social responsibility by maintaining confidentiality, and respecting the rights and privacy of patients, visitors, and hospital staff.
(6) Demonstrates justice by abiding by hospital and department policies and procedures, maintaining ethical behavior, and being accountable for our
GROWTH AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Attends monthly departmental inservices.
(2) Knows what an MSDS sheet is, and where to locate them.
(3) Makes suggestions and initiates new ideas.
(4) Demonstrates integrity by working competently, assuming responsibility for tasks and performance, and providing a valuable service to the hospital
(5) Practices good personal hygiene and promotes a favorable department image by using standard housekeeping attire.
(6) Demonstrates excellence by performing high quality work and striving for continuous quality improvement.
SAFETY STANDARDS (ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES PROJECT WORKER):Maintains satisfactory safety standards The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Demonstrates health and well-being in the work environment by attending educational in-services on health and safety issues and by practicing
(2) Keeps aides cart and environmental service's closet clean and sufficiently stocked.
(3) Keeps floor refinishing truck clean, organized and sufficiently stocked.
(4) Observes proper dilution rates for chemicals.
(5) Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by making responsible use of time, supplies, and equipment.
(6) Wears proper attire while cleaning an isolation room, or handling infectious waste.
(7) Keeps infectious waste separate from municipal waste.
STRIPPING AND REFINISHING SURFACE FLOORS:
Responsible for stripping and refinishing hard surface floors in all assigned areas using proper procedures. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets
(1) Thoroughly prepares area to be refinished by dry and wet mopping.
(2) Thoroughly removes finish by shower scrubbing or total finish removal as indicated by condition of floor, with special attention given to baseboards,
corners and kick plate.
(3) Uses proper chemicals at prescribed dilution rates.
(4) Follows appropriate cleaning technique as directed and trained by supervisor.
(5) Thoroughly rinses area before applying new finish. Allows proper drying time between coats of finish.
(6) Thoroughly shampoos or extracts carpet as indicated by the condition of the floor. Practices the 40 second spotting techniques as necessary.
(7) Completes housekeeping duties in assigned work areas in a timely fashion, adhering to the predetermined standards
High School Diploma or GED
*stripping and refinishing hard surface floors
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS (MAY VARY BASED ON DEPARTMENT NEEDS).
No Licensure or Certification Required
According to The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled
individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose
undue hardships on the organization.
1. Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
2. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone.
3. Writing: Must be able to accurately document pertinent information either by writing or typing.
4. Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Continuously within shift (67-100%): Walking
Frequently within shift (34-66%): Bending, Lift from floor level up
Occasionally within shift (1-33%): Standing, Climbing, Crouching, Squatting, Kneeling, Balancing, Pulling with force, Reaching above head, Reaching
above shoulder, Lift from waist level up, Lift above shoulders/head, Lifting 10 lbs. maximum & occasionally lifting &/or carrying objects, Lifting 20 lbs.
maximum & frequent lifting &/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs., Lifting 50 lbs. maximum & frequent lifting &/or carrying of objects weighing
up to 25 lbs.
May be exposed to blood borne pathogens High Risk
May be exposed to toxic, caustic, chemicals &/or detergents
May be exposed to communicable diseases