Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people.
Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care — from prevention, screenings and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
Who We Are
With more than 12,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing and Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, and we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership and staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our patients benefit from access to a broad range of services — all right here in our region.
Opportunity for advancement, become a Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Technician (CHEST).
To fulfill various ancillary functions such as retrieving and restocking inventory, running errands and cleaning operating rooms after surgery.
WINDOW CLEANING AND CARE:
If applicable; Housekeeper IF Windows cleans and maintains windows throughout the Hospital, following established Policy and Procedures, to maintain high
standards of cleanliness The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Cleans windows in assigned work areas; assembles needed work materials and supplies prior to reporting to assigned area; thoroughly wipes all
windows, inside and out, in assigned work area, paying special attention to corners; thoroughly wipes all horizontal ledges in assigned work areas.
(2) Completes Assigned Work Projects such as completes wall washing using proper procedures, vacuums and cleans exterior of vents, changes cubicle
curtains and draperies, assists in movement of furniture and files throughout the facility. and others as assigned.
(3) Carefully removes, cleans and replaces window blinds and shades when necessary.
(4) Assists in the development of new employees through one-on-one training.
(5) Completes housekeeping duties in assigned work areas in a timely fashion, adhering to the predetermined standards.
If applicable; Housekeeper IC Trash Handler removes infectious, municipal and hazardous waste from assigned work areas to the trash holding room, following
established work policies and procedures, to maintain a clean and safe environment. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Gather and remove waste from patient areas and departments throughout facility; Assembles needed work materials and supplies prior to
reporting to assigned work area; uses appropriate trash truck for collection of various types of waste such as aluminum bucksco for municipal and
rubbermaid leak proof for infections; collects all trash in assigned areas at least two times per day and at the appropriate time of shift.
(2) Operates cardboard baler and municipal waste compactor; Compacts municipal waste with RAM immediately after loading municipal waste
container and assists in all recycling efforts supported by the Hospital, assists in clean-up of trash holding room and compactor area.
(3) Completes housekeeping duties in assigned work areas in a timely fashion, adhering to the predetermined standards.
(4) Assures that municipal waste and infectious waste are not mixed or transported together; double lines infectious waste container after emptying.
(5) Promptly boxes and seals infectious waste after each trash run; promptly wipes and mops blood and body fluid spills in the trash holding room with
the appropriate chemicals; recognizes various waste streams and assures appropriate storage and handling.
Communicates effectively The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Consults with supervisor concerning assignments and keeps supervisor informed of needs and problems.
(2) Works as a team member and communicates with fellow employees with tact and kindness.
(3) Demonstrates compassion by treating others with respect; avoids being judgmental, taking the time to listen, and react with understanding
(4) Willingly accepts additional assignment as given by supervisor.
(5) Demonstrates social responsibility by maintaining confidentiality, and respecting the rights and privacy of patients, visitors and staff.
(6) Demonstrates justice by abiding by hospital and department policies and procedures, maintaining ethical behavior, and being accountable for our
If applicable; Housekeeper IA cleans and sanitizes rooms and furnishings in assigned work areas, following established policies and procedures, to maintain high
standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the Hospital. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Clean and sanitizes in assigned work areas, assembles needed work materials and supplies prior to reporting to assigned work area, thoroughly high
dusts according to schedule in area of responsibility, sanitizes all horizontal surfaces, cleans and sanitizes bathrooms with special attention to fixtures,
collects all trash including brown bag municipal and red bag infections, thoroughly dry and wet mops floor including corners, under beds and other
(2) Strips, clean, sanitizes and makes bed including mattress and frame; sanitizes door handles, telephone, overbid table and bedside table; thoroughly
cleans out closets and other areas.
(3) Initial discharge sheet.
MOP AND BUFF HOUSEKEEPING:
If applicable; Mop and Buff Housekeeper IB cleans and maintains the corridors, patient rooms and offices in assigned work areas, following established policies
and procedures, to maintain high standards of cleanliness. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Assembles needed work materials and supplies prior to reporting to assigned area; dry mops floors thoroughly including corners and baseboards;
maintains high gloss on floors by burnishing and thoroughly dry mops floors after burnishing, vacuums assigned carpeted areas including elevator
tracks and walk off mats.
(2) Cleans and sanitizes walls as necessary, according to isolation; changes visibly soiled cubicle curtains and draperies; Wears proper attire depending
on type of isolation.
(3) Cleans 15 feet outside Hospital entrances. Thoroughly dusts all horizontal ledges in assigned area. Polishes all stainless steel paying attention to
(4) Completes Housekeeping duties in assigned areas in a timely fashion, adhering to the predetermined standards.
Not Applicable - No Education Requirements
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
No Licensure or Certification Required
Excellent Communications Skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills