Current openings include Epic Professional Billing, Cadence, HIM, Hospital Billing, e-learning (Captivate) and the team is continuing to grow. Candidates will be evaluated as Credentialed Trainer and Principal Trainer to determine the best fit.
Are you a positive customer-focused, go-getter who enjoys solving problems and interacting? Do you want to work in a collaborative, mission-driven environment where your contributions will be appreciated? Join a HIMSS Stage 7 health system where senior leadership is passionate about technology. This is your chance to make an impact in a top-notch, cutting edge healthcare organization by joining Tower Health.
Tower Health is dedicated to advancing health and transforming lives. Join the transformation.
Become a member of an energetic, supportive team of trainers, and work alongside analysts for the modules you support. Be a key player in developing and maintaining curricula or supporting end users and teaching end users 1:1 and in a large classroom setting. There is the potential that some travel will be involved among Tower Health hospitals.
Your contributions will include:
- Education & Communicating with End Users – Providing Epic related education to nurses and end users. Presenting on topics within your own functional/primary area and occasionally stretching outside of your comfort zone. Providing education and support to end users utilizing various educational mediums for both clinical and non-clinical initiatives. Communicating complex issues to customers in terms they understand. Creating and explaining basic workflow diagrams. Presenting material clearly and with confidence in classroom training and at the elbow support.
- Assessing Process/Workflow – (Principal Trainers) Participating in workflow design and paying attention to the build and workflow requirements needed to achieve and maintain “best practice” standards.
- Analyzing, Troubleshooting & Problem Solving – Applying your critical thinking skills and attention to detail by breaking down problems or processes methodically to identify cause and effect and develop solutions to questions and issues.
- Developing Knowledge/Skills - Remaining knowledgeable with the Epic platform for your primary application along with a basic understanding of the integration of a secondary module within the Epic Enterprise.
- Building, Testing, & Maintaining the training environment. (Principal Trainers) Translating researching, analysis, and understanding of workflows of end users to configure systems that improve processes, add efficiencies and promote patient safety.
- Developing and Maintaining Curricula and supporting training materials for your application. Writing and editing the curricula for all roles that require training in the application. Developing training materials to announce and educate end users using a variety of media and creating job aides and other training documentation.
- Establishing Credibility at all levels and building partnerships with customers and colleagues.
- Experience: Epic Credentialed Trainer or Principal Trainer experience preferred. 1-3 years of professional, technical or clinical experience providing effective outcome or results oriented care with varying levels of complexity. 1-3 years related healthcare or training and development experience preferred.
- Certification: Epic experience and/or certification is a plus. Epic training will be provided to the right candidate. Trainers will complete Epic certification in their application. In addition, Trainers will complete a series of Epic Training, Environments and Documentation webcasts and certifications specific to end user training. Results must meet department expected outcomes regarding completion time frame, overall scoring and other aspects of certification.
- Education: Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Non-healthcare associate’s degree / certification with 5 years of IT experience required OR non-degree program with healthcare certification / license and 2 years of IT required. Bachelor's degree in education, computer systems or related field preferred.
- Required Skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, E-Learnings, Captivate.
- Proven critical thinking skills, follow through, and attention to detail coupled with an eagerness to learn, promote, support, and troubleshoot supported technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- Track record of being positive and customer-service oriented. Collaboration with IT staff and engagement of end users is key for this position.