Manages the maintenance of fleet of company owned tractors and trailers in an assigned shop, including equipment condition, safety, reliability and cost control. Ensures a safe work environment while maintaining a high level of service for the customer.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensures all vehicles meet Federal, State, and company requirements and guidelines, and compliance with all Federal, State, and company policies and procedures.
- Oversees shop operations, repairs, wash bay, and out-sourced maintenance.
- Works within set budget, managing and controlling shop maintenance.
- Supports and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains a clean and safe work environment for all shop employees.
- Manages and supports facility employees and contractors; scheduling work, holding safety meetings and monitoring overtime.
- Reviews and monitors work, repair and purchase orders, invoices, reports, and warranty claims for assigned shop.
- Maintains contractor and supplier relationships.
- Inspects equipment for damage, reviews and closes out work orders, leads, all accidents and wreck recovery repairs for assigned shop. Performs safety checks as needed.
- Manages and controls parts inventory.
- Completes a bi-annual review for every direct report.
- Hires, trains, supervises, regularly evaluates performance and counsels assigned staff. Ensures proper orientation of staff into organization.
- May order and track fuel mileage.
For consideration please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 800-541-8154 ext. 201