ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a bright and kind Equipment Service Technician who is motivated by challenge to help us create the warehouse of the future. Our standards are high and we are proud of the contribution we make to the Client experience. While we take our work seriously, we don't take ourselves seriously. We are focused on achieving our goals but like to have fun while doing it.
YOU'LL BE EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE BECAUSE...
- We are a highly collaborative team who has fun while we work together to ensure we delight our Clients with every fix.
- You enjoy working with other Bright, and Kind people who are motivated by challenge and appreciate each other's contributions; are willing to help out wherever is needed; and who take pride in quality work.
- You are curious and love to find creative ways to do things better and more effectively for our Clients.
- You will perform repairs, maintenance, and start up on case sealers, case erectors, label printer/applicators, and conveyor equipment
- You will perform setup calibration, testing, troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies using moderately complex blueprints and electrical schematics
- You will perform a variety of sophisticated electronic, mechanical, pneumatic and electro-mechanical tests, repair and maintenance on equipment, assemblies, sub-assemblies and parts to ensure the equipment functions according to the manufacturer specifications and or to determine the cause of equipment failure
- You will support systems integration with departments in the warehouse, manufacture/suppliers and other service personnel involving complex machine problems and/or turn-key systems
- You will perform complex re-builds and re-manufacturing and participate in application engineering activities with our Operations Process Improvement Team
- You will manage and maintain an accurate and effective inventory of equipment and spare parts
- You will work with local management team to maximize service priorities
- You will provide direction and training for less experienced team members or equipment operators
- You will coordinate work efforts to ensure timely completion of maintenance and repairs
- You will perform a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as plumbing, painting, or other recognized skills for the purpose of maintaining and repairing the building
- You will experience the “art and science” of our business first hand. You will use our proprietary technology to ensure each fix wows every Client every time!
- Your feedback and unique point of view will be welcomed, appreciated and expected.
- You will develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE…
- You are Bright, Kind, and Motivated by Challenge and embody our values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation, and Responsibility.
- You display a can-do attitude and can be flexible in your role, knowing that the Client is always top of mind.
- You welcome high-quality feedback and see it as crucial to being your best self.
- You know and appreciate how your role will impact other individuals and departments - downstream and upstream from you. You constantly model safe behaviors and compassion for your peers.
- You are incredibly reliable & responsible. You have excellent attendance and consistently meet goals and metrics.
- You believe in and value doing what's right and not what's easy
- Minimum of 5 years performing repairs and maintenance on packaging equipment or related machinery.
- Previous experience in basic preventive/predictive maintenance & troubleshooting skills and repair methods
- Must have certifications or training on stretch wrappers, shrink wrappers, case sealers, case erectors, label printers, and strapping equipment or relates products
- Previous experience or classwork in Mechanical and/or Electrical basic components
- Previous experience with compressors and pneumatics
- Comprehend safe use of power tools to include saws and drills
- Ability to troubleshoot basic conveyance problems
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required, mechanical electrical trade school and/or 2 year technical degree strongly preferred
- General knowledge of the basic PLC operation
- PC knowledge, Word & Excel and Windows OS.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX...
- We are hiring for full time opportunities--we are not offering part-time opportunities at this time.
- You'll join a company and a team that believes in helping you be your best self at work and outside of work.
- You'll be part of a fast-growing, successful company that offers opportunities for advancement as you and the team grows.
- We offer medical, dental and vision benefits, which kick-in on your first day of employment at Stitch Fix.
- We have an amazing work environment with cool perks, such as free snacks and beverages and monthly events!
- We promote a drug free and safe working environment.