Join one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage teams. At Penfed, our people are our greatest advantage. As we grow rapidly, we want to hire the industry’s leading talent. If you are up for the challenge, you belong here.
PenFed is hiring a Mortage Closer at one of the following locations: San Antonio, Texas; Omaha, Nebraska; and Dallas, Texas. The purpose of the position is to provide excellent service to our members on the closing and funding on a refinance or a purchase mortgage loan with detailed guidance and advice while using a sales driven mindset.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as Title Company/Attorney’s Office main point of contact throughout the closing and funding process, by ensuring proactive guidance on the closing process, documents, and funding in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Review title and survey for exceptions, review and audit loan documentation to ensure all underwriting conditions have been met.
- Calculate closing figures, coordinate funding of the loan with the Accounting and Wire Departments and work to resolve any GL booking issues, may issue creditor checks.
- Review and approve final Closing Disclosure.
- Print and/or transmit closing documents via Encompass and US Mail/Fed ex as necessary to the settlement office.
- Audit closing documents and obtains any missing documents prior to the time of closing.
- Answer all inquiries regarding closing issues and scheduling.
- Maintain a working knowledge of VA and purchase loan closing documentation, required loan conditions, and post-closing follow up.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state, investor and internal policies and procedures with regard to closings.
- Maintain a working knowledge of both origination systems for equity loans and lines of credit
- Provide support and guidance as needed to the 1st Mortgage Post Closing Clerks
- Prepare processing and legal files for shipment to the proper location for imaging and storage.
- Assist with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Manage and cure any QC loan issues that require borrower communication.
- As required, ensure proper re-disclosures are prepared and delivered to the member within regulatory guidelines based on identified change in circumstances
- Based on the business needs, may assist in other areas as requested (these duties may fall under the scope of other job functions within Correspondent, first and 2nd mortgages.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience preferably in residential mortgage lending in 1st Trust Mortgage or Home Equity processing/closing is preferred.
- Bi-lingual, fluent in both English and Spanish is beneficial.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256. #LI-AM1