Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldEstimator
Seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented Estimator to support worldwide electronic and technical security projects. This project is based in Alexandria, VA and requires frequent worldwide travel.
- Prepare material takeoffs from construction project design drawings to assist in the creation of complete project material lists that include everything needed for the installation phase of the projects.
- Analyze and interpret construction design drawings and change requests to ensure design standards are met.
- Review project designs and change requests to compile equipment types and quantities.
- Determine the appropriate type and amount of mounting hardware, conduit, pull boxes, and wiring necessary to install equipment.
- Interface with Design Engineers to verify correct interpretation of designs.
- Collaborate with Installation teams to integrate lessons learned during the installation phase into material takeoffs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of material assemblies for common equipment.
- Research design standards to learn acceptable installation practices for equipment.
- Contribute to meeting project performance metrics for timely completion of material takeoffs, minimizing custom materials, project quality, and project cost.
- Support activities led by estimator to improve labor and material estimates.
- Assess and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- 5 years of construction related experience.
- Expertise in developing material takeoffs for construction projects.
- Familiar with common installation practices for electrical infrastructure such as conduit, raceway, pull boxes, and handholes.
- Knowledge of power systems including power panel selection, circuit breaker sizing, and proper grounding practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience with security systems, surveys, feasibility studies, and infrastructure
The ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance is required.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to worldwide locations, some of which may be high threat areas, for extended periods is required. Position may be in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. Typical assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach above 98 degrees on a regular basis. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including routine lifting of objects 50-80 pounds such as drills, conduit benders, pipe threaders, cable pullers, and other equipment related to the electrical trade. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment. This includes being able to work in confined areas, on buildings, underground, as well as in the building security rooms. Conducting work on high elevations on scaffolding may also be required.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day when travelling, some jobs may have varying daily and weekly minimums as needed to complete the project.
- Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.