Executive Director, National Account Management
Professional Lab Services
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies", Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2018 revenues of $7.53 Billion, and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions.
Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians.
Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for the second consecutive year in 2018
• Top 500 for big employers
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Executive Director will develop and execute the business strategy to grow and maintain Quest's relationships with new and existing Professional Lab Services (PLS) clients. This leader will collaborate with the PLS leadership team, regional and corporate leaders to deploy product and service offering to address the differentiated needs of the PLS client. The Executive Director will lead the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team, develop and execute strategies and plans to achieve revenue growth in existing accounts, secure renewal contracts, as well as maintain strong relationships with PLS hospital leadership. Through strategic relationships with hospital leadership, provide insights on potential shift in requirements, scope, or opportunities through active engagement with c-suite leaders and in governance and advisory councils.
• As a member of the Leadership Team, help define and support all actions necessary to achieve or exceed budgeted financial performance; as part of this process, meet with regional leadership on a monthly basis to review customer specific issues that require resolution
• Develop, implement and manage the PLS hospital CRM strategy in alignment with the overall PLS business plan
• Collaborate across the PLS organization to ensure alignment with sales, business development and operations for key growth opportunities and ensure smooth transitions for new PLS deals
• Develop business plans to enhance services, efficiency, quality and profitability across the PLS client base; ensure contract compliance for existing accounts; develop and secure profitable renewals and upsells in-line with operational guidelines and standards to achieve annual targets
• Manage the renewal process; assist in developing business cases for opportunities with appropriate ROI and which should advance to approval
• Hire, train, coach, performance manage, and develop the CRM staff; position team to leverage best methods and best practices for engaging hospital leaders and for developing solutions which result in profitable growth; drive collaborative engagement by CRM team with matrix partners
• Hold primary account ownership for all premier accounts and drive contract issues/opportunities; ensure CRM team owns and drives issues/opportunities within assigned accounts
• Establish the organizational plan and delegate responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities to appropriate subordinates. Drive consistency across the CRM team
• Create and maintain in-depth customer profiles through collaborative customer relationships; establish a standardized, engaging and informative customer communication for use at annual planning, quarterly business reviews and monthly metric reports
• Ensure collaboration/alignment on priority issues as well as service opportunities with PLS and corporate resources
• Provide overall support and expertise to ensure PLS customer receive the highest level of quality service utilizing PLS, regional/esoteric & corporate regional staff to resolve problems/deficiencies
• Partner with Operations Director to effectively manage the continuing customer relationship responsibility for process improvement and client optimization
• Stay abreast of changes in the marketplace impacting customers. Maintain a working knowledge of company products and those of the competitors and share this information with leadership
• Achieve key quality and service index measures as well as ensure compliance with all company policies and government regulations
• Travel up to 40% nationally
• Business and Financial Acumen
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Organizational & Interpersonal Savvy
• Process Management & Priority Setting
• Strategic influencer & Composure
• Process Orientation
• Presentation Skills
• B. A./B. S. in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
• Master’s in Business Administration preferred.
• 10+ years of successful direct customer management/sales/marketing experience
• 7+ years of management and supervisory experience
• Significant experience in health system and hospital account management with a track record of achieving growth targets; ability to drive results with C-Suite and Hospital Leadership decision makers
• Strong customer focus and ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships; demonstrated client life-cycle and portfolio management skills
• Ability to initiate marketplace analysis to facilitate objectives with demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and financial skills
• Results driven leadership and track record of developing high performing CRM and/or sales team.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a complex, matrixed organization structure; Superior teamwork, collaboration, and influence skills
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Solid PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Software
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting questdiagnostics.com/careers, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.