Exec Dir, TPM Health Systems - M-F
The Executive Director works across the enterprise to develop and execute digital strategies to deliver cutting-edge, best in class products, services and capabilities that offer a world class digital experience. This individual possesses extensive knowledge of the evolving marketplace, technologies, and best practices; and engages as a thought leader to identify solutions to identify and enable existing and emerging business opportunities. This role will create the enterprise digital vision, strategy and execution plans that align and integrate existing and new product offerings that promote engagement, identify digital marketing opportunities and, integrated technology capabilities to enable product growth.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of digital trends and technology. This leader will be comfortable working in a matrix environment, collaborating closely with colleagues across several functions to drive success. He/she excels at influence and organizational savvy. He/she is someone who thrives at the intersection of business and technology and speaks both the language of business as expressed through product management and the language of technology and software engineering.
This role will have product ownership for the Health Systems line of business and be responsible for the definition/support of business initiatives. In addition to using VOC to stay current on market trends, the role will generate recommendations for planning and supporting the strategic direction of the Health Systems Business with a focus on leading the design and development of Hospital Enterprise solutions including a new, greenfield portal. The role requires working closely with business development to evaluate new application and technology areas. Direct interaction with third party vendors and customers is required to understand customer needs and stay abreast of market conditions. As a member of a team, the Executive Director of Product Management will work in collaboration with other team members in the areas of strategic marketing plan, product positioning, development and delivery with areas of focus being in the areas of Data Analytics, Population Health/Condition Management, Lab utilization/pricing. Expansive understanding of Lab operations within a health system is key.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops strategies, programs, and solutions to differentiate our line of business solutions from our competitors
• Proactively identify, define and deliver new green-field solutions
• Collaborate with product owners and team members to develop their understanding of the business model, data and users to effectively craft stories and hypotheses. Stay abreast of emerging healthcare delivery UX technologies, tools, trends and techniques.
• In conjunction with the design function, understands stakeholder needs and requirements and represents them in project strategy documents, statements of work, and end-to-end experience backlogs. Understands the market and competition for the product set and develops product and competitive positioning. Provides leadership and implementation in defining and delivering key products.
• Works closely with the users and technical teams to ensure that the business requirements are clear and well defined and that new product features meet the business requirements. Develops and oversees product performance strategy, including establishing, monitoring, and reacting to relevant KPIs and other metrics of engagement. Planning activities alongside a variety of stakeholders, including design, technology and external partners
• Continuously evaluate emerging technologies, healthcare trends, business trends and leading vendor tools and solutions for applicability in our enterprise.
• Demonstrate strong command of healthcare technology solutions and understand complexity drivers that may affect product delivery.
• Clearly articulate feature requirements through the development of User Stories, Specifications, Process Mapping, and User Interface Mock-ups
• Work with developers, project managers, and QA engineers throughout the product development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity
• Manage the requirements gathering process between cross-functional teams of stakeholders and various internal resources including product managers, internal stakeholders, customers and software related technical resources
• Develop and maintain strong & productive relationships with all development and business stakeholders in order to ensure timely and effective delivery of software features.
• Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions
• Prioritize the backlog of user stories and bugs based on ROI and dependencies with other technical product managers and development teams
• Own and oversee Product strategic Vision and Roadmap execution
• Partner with Business Subject Matter Experts to define products and services. Manage portfolio of products to ensure comprehensive coverage of customer needs
• Provides input into the prioritization of product features and the publish product roadmaps for Analytic offering.
• A proven track record of success in product management and launching digital solutions ,experience leading business initiatives at enterprise scale and complexity.
• Demonstrates stamina, resilience and perseverance under trying circumstances
• Ability to decide and act without having the total picture and comfortable handling risk and uncertainty
• Self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management
• Curiosity and drive to continuously learn and stay current with new technologies
• A results oriented team leader with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
• Technical understanding and know how, able to lead world-class engineers and designers.
• Experience working and refining products, using customer feedback, business intelligence to develop a deep understanding of customer needs.
• Exceptional communication and presentation abilities; executive presence.
• Pro-active self-starter with a “can do” approach to problem solving, tenacious with a demonstrated record of delivering on business objectives.
• Experience working directly with developers and analysts in an Agile development environment.
BS in Comp Science, MIS required, MBA preferred
- 12+ years Product Management experience Preferred, 7+ years product development required
- 10 years’ Experience with current technologies and architecture
- Experience in Hospital/Health Systems lab operations required.
- Able to present both high level and detailed information for multiple audiences, including scientists, executives, and sales.
- Experience of working within a Product Management framework/discipline
- Experience successfully leading technology teams within the delivery of enterprise software products. Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments
- Experience with Solutions Architecture practice and methodologies