Executive Director, National Patient Services
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
Forbes® Global 2000
Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
Forbes® 2019 America’s Best Employers for Women
Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
Deliver Innovative Solutions
Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
This role is responsible for leading Quest Diagnostics’ National Patient Services business. Responsibilities include functional (indirect) leadership of over 12,000 Patient Service Representatives (PSRs) through six direct reports; development, implementation and management of operational processes across six regions; and implementation of a national strategy to manage our strategic patient access. The ideal candidate will have successfully demonstrated experience with leading, implementing and deploying new tools and technology that will promote gained efficiencies from an employee and patient perspective. The role is responsible for providing a superior customer experience for our patients, driving continuous improvement with Patient Services as we standardize and streamline our processes.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Vice President of Corporate Enterprise Operations and Operations Excellence; location for this role is flexible.
- Design, develop and implement a national strategy to manage our strategic patient access across 6,000 + locations of PSCs and IOPs
- Develop and manage the Patient Services budget in a way that allows us to deliver superior patient service while reducing the overall Patient Services cost
- Develop, implement, and deploy new tools and technology that will promote gained efficiencies from an employee and patient perspective
- Design, standardize and lead the Patient Services function in driving profitable growth, decreasing attrition and improving the overall patient experience
- Gain alignment and buy-in from SMT and GM’s on roles and responsibilities the Patient Services function has with our Clients, Sales, Franchise, IT and their respective Leadership teams
- Ensure achievement of performance metrics such as patient wait time, recollections, patient satisfaction, PSC cost and productivity, employee attrition, etc.
- Create a best in class operation, featuring cutting edge technology, inspiring design and an engaging team atmosphere where our employees will have the opportunity to grow and develop their careers while meeting our business objectives
- Improve the front-end billing and preregistration process in order to communicate directly with patients and pre-register them
- Explore partnerships deals with retailers that decrease capital investment; eliminate brick and mortar investment and have others draw for Quest
- Address the shift of collections into PSCs and IOPs and the costs and resources associated with adding the resources that we commit to in order to capture new business
- Explore ways to capture consumer growth with direct marketing to the patient
- Develop and sustain partnerships with major Health Care plans
- Estimated 50% travel required
BA / BS degree required; advanced degree preferred
10-15 years of professional experience in a leadership role in a customer service environment
8 years previous clinical laboratory experience is a plus
Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
Demonstrated success in overseeing a large department or function, with direct impact on service metrics and financial results
Business and Financial Acumen
Drive for Results
Building Effective Teams
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.