At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
The Executive, Territory Sales – mscripts Technology Services is a National Account Manager position selling a digital patient engagement platform to the pharmacy marketplace. This individual should have strong industry experience, domain expertise, and a proven track record of success. This position is responsible for driving new partnerships in an assigned territory.
The Executive, Sales will achieve all sales goals by identifying, qualifying and closing business through the utilization of a solution-based, consultative approach. New customer targets include retailers, outpatient, health plans, mail order, specialty, and pharmacy benefit managers. Specific customer call points are Pharmacy business leaders, including Directors, SVPs, and up to the C-suite level.
This position will report to Director, Sales for mscripts.
Territory: Western United States
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The primary responsibility of the Executive, Sales is to meet or exceed established sales goals, including top-line revenue growth and market share objectives.
Specific responsibilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Lead all sales activities in territory for the purposes of meeting/exceeding new business targets
- Build strong relationships with customers.
- Coordination of cross selling within Cardinal Health as appropriate.
- Travel to prospective customer accounts to cultivate relationships, demonstrate various services, and identify new market trends, requirements, and opportunities.
- Utilize salesforce.com to track opportunities and prospects for forecasting purposes.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging technologies; learning current and pre-release systems, products, platforms, and complimentary tools. Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Demonstrate seamless teamwork with Marketing, Sales Operations, Product Management & other cross-business counterparts to satisfy customers and win in the marketplace.
- Collect and communicate marketplace ‘intelligence’ impacting pricing, promotional collateral, product enhancements and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of relevant sales experience in Pharmacy or Healthcare Information Technology
- Strong track record of success in the healthcare/pharmacy space
- Experience selling to high level decision makers at the SVP and C-suite level
- Exceptional communication (writing, presenting and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ideally live in the western half of the United States with easy access to a major airport
- Ability to meet travel requirements of the position, estimated at 60% of working time.
- Working knowledge of Windows & MS Office (Excel & Windows) as well as networks, internet applications and CRM systems.
- The ability to work flexible hours in accordance with the demands of the position. This may include evenings and weekends to accommodate sales and promotional activities such as trade shows.
About mscripts – A Cardinal Health company
mscripts delivers patient adherence and engagement solutions through their innovative, easy-to-use mobile and web health management platform. The mscripts platform serves millions of patients spanning national, regional and specialty pharmacies along with hospital outpatient systems. Pharmacy patients manage their prescriptions and health on their mobile phones through 2-way interactive SMS messaging and branded mobile applications, making refilling convenient and remembering to take medications easy. mscripts improves adherence by improving refill rates, providing education and health information, and applying advanced analytics to better understand patient behavior. Our products consist of a mixture of large enterprise and transactional systems, data management systems, and mobile, messaging, and web technology.
Dallas Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.