Executive Director, Healthcare Analytics Solutions – Provider Analytics
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Healthcare Analytics Solutions
Our Mission: To broadly leverage Quest assets to enable customers to systematically address strategic imperatives by bringing actionable insights into workflows across R&D, diagnosis, and care continuums. At Quest Diagnostics, we serve all of the key stakeholders in healthcare, from patients to caregivers to payers and big pharma. We bring important information assets, platforms and partners together, and the Executive Director, Healthcare Analytics Solutions - Provider Analytics, will lead on behalf of Quest both internal and external teams as we develop, deliver and market innovative services and solutions.
The Executive Director will serve as the general manager for a Healthcare Analytics Solutions (HAS) business line, with P & L responsibility. This leader will drive the Healthcare Analytics Solutions Provider Analytics strategy and the products, partnerships and commercial activity linked to that strategy. The Executive Director will organize and align strategic priorities with members of their team, manage internal communications and messages, and own (or identify owners for) projects to ensure overall efficient processes and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the integration of new analytics service offerings into the operational landscape to enable HAS to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
• Provide leadership and expertise in the development of solutions and assets against multi-year product roadmap.
• Set the vision and priorities for the integrated team across all functions, including: Quest functional groups, strategic partners, vendors, and customers.
• Collaborate with the HAS leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and staff designed to meet growth objectives and exploit new business opportunities.
• Prioritizes key projects and management of critical issues to ensure attention and focus of the cross-functional team. Facilitates decision making by striving to provide full information at point of decision and by serving as a reliable, trusted and fair channel for all stakeholders. Ensures alignment and timelines support the overall business strategy.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes, internal and external, which will enable timely, accurate and complete reports on operating conditions.
• Establish execution plan by provider sub-segments, including quarterly milestones plans for development, launch and promotion of our evolving lab stewardship platform.
• Drive development of the platform and other solution requirements, including product requirements, business case and strategic rationale.
• Develop strategic relationships to deliver data, subject matter expertise, technology, or market access.
• Lead planning for pilots and market launches to ensure pricing, reporting, training, advertising/promotion, channel strategies and tactics are in place at introduction.
• Conduct/participate in market, competitive and customer research to identify needs and trends - including gathering input from the downstream organization – and feed into product plans/offerings, messaging, positioning and pricing.
• Track and report commercial and solution performance against plan, including customer satisfaction.
• Provides guidance to the commercial team to support the development of an effective communication strategy for sales effectiveness, customer awareness, and opportunity development.
• Promote Healthcare Analytics solutions and services at industry events, to prospective customers, and existing customers.
• Using QMS tools, has strategic oversight of all projects by establishing a reliable, sustainable operating rhythm to the support the leadership team and support teams.
• Coordinates strategic meetings, documentation and deliverables.
• Sets pace for meeting key timelines, manages expectations and ensures all collateral ready for review.
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field required, Master’s degree in business or related field preferred.
• At least 10 years of strong operational leadership experience; 5+ years in a senior management role preferred.
• 5+ years of experience developing analytics-related solutions.
• Prior experience leading or collaborating with product development to develop and commercialize new products and/or services.
• Experience in a new company/division startup strongly preferred; Experience working in a joint venture and/or managing partnerships ideal but not required.
• Documented experience overseeing lifecycle management, market development and expansion activities.
• Experience developing a new business model, and/or building a new organization, is preferred.
• Successfully demonstrated experience with leading, implementing and deploying new tools and technology.
• Excellent leadership skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team, external stakeholders and partners.
• Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to company mission.
• Flexible and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people internal and external to the organization.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including a high degree of professionalism and personal presence.
• Experience working in a matrix or complex operating structure.
• Six Sigma background
• Location – Open/Virtual
• Anticipated travel up to 25%
• Business and Financial Acumen
• Strategic Agility
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Problem Solving
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Process Management
• Building Effective Teams
• Strategic influencer
• Process Orientation
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.