Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of around $9.44 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Questions and Answers. In Client Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Client Service is something we take pride in – making sure that the people we serve feel valued and understood, while providing and gathering accurate information. Client Service is always critical and that’s why our team is both valued and recognized within the business as a key part of our brand. As part of a diverse and supported team, Client Services offers an outstanding career path with an industry leader.
In this role, you will proactively drive the development of systematic approaches for delivering a superior customer service experience to our internal and external customers which will enable us to drive profitable growth and decrease attrition.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and drive strategies to deliver superior customer service and reduce attrition, including but not limited to: evaluating and implementing new technologies or service channels, increasing client self-service, lowering resolution time, and increasing client education.
• Develop and manage the NOC budget in a way that allows us to deliver superior customer service while reducing the overall Customer Services cost.
• Consolidate the Client Services function from the Regions and other lines of business into the Tampa and Kansas City National Operations Centers which includes gaining alignment from the SLT and RVP’s on service level expectations and agreements for our clients and patients while managing to budget.
• Partner with the Executive Patient Services Director and function to move patient call work from the Lab’s and PSC’s into the NOC’s.
• Review and drive possible outsourcing strategies for pieces of the Customer Services function.
• Partner with both internal and external resources to ensure consistent delivery of quality services and continuous quality improvement.
• Drive standardization and develop network optimization to provide effective, consistent, and timely problem ownership and resolution, which is seamless to our customers.
• The Customer Services organization currently handles 1.2 million calls annually. Implement, drive and promote self-service adoption for clients and patients as well as analyzing and trending the root causes of problems and deploy solutions to proactively eliminate issues which will in turn decrease the call volume.
• Develop and sustain effective and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing clients to obtain VOC and build relationships with strategic and at-risk customers.
• Ensure achievement of performance metrics such as customer satisfaction, call quality, problem resolution TAT, coaching effectiveness, customer attrition, etc.
• Set short and long term operational and service objectives.
• Develop implement and deploy new tools and technology that will promote gained efficiencies from an employee, Client and Patient perspective.
• Design, standardize and lead the Customer Solutions function through a center lead model to support the Sales and Customer Services organizations in driving profitable growth, decreasing attrition and improving the overall customer experience.
• Gain alignment and buy-in from SLT and RVP’s on roles and responsibilities the Customer Solutions function has with our Clients, Sales, Customer Services and their Leadership teams.
• Develop state of the art capabilities for customer service agents to delight our clients and patients by leveraging synergies and new technology.
• Create a best-in-class operation, featuring cutting edge technology, inspiring design and an engaging team atmosphere where our employees will have the opportunity to grow and develop their careers while meeting our business objectives.
• Create recognition programs to reward, recognize and motivate our agents which will lead to gained productivity.
• BA / BS degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• 10-15 years professional experience in leadership role in a customer service environment.
• 8 years previous clinical laboratory experience preferred.
• Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated success in overseeing a large department or function, with direct impact on service metrics and financial results.
• Business Acumen
• Strategic Agility
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Problem Solving
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Process Management
• Building Effective Teams
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.