The ideal candidate will oversee production of newscasts and special programming and fill in on producing of daily newscasts for our ABC affiliate WPDE in Myrtle Beach and our sister station WTGS in Savannah (remotely from Myrtle Beach). You will work closely with the other producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example.
- Copy edit shows/script reviews
- Manage and train other Producers
- Special projects
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Work closely with digital team to ensure continuity between digital and broadcast
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A four-year degree in journalism or communications is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
A successful candidate will have had at least 4 years of experience in broadcast journalism as a producer, or equivalent experience.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.