WPEC CBS 12 in beautiful West Palm Beach, FL has an immediate opening for an experienced Executive Producer to join our newsroom team. We're seeking a collaborative leader who understands the importance of production value and flow as well as being able to help our storytellers grow and put together engaging, accurate and relevant newscasts. If that sounds like a good fit and you love sunshine and the ocean - we'd love to hear from you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of daypart newscasts
- Coordinating Breaking News coverage
- Working with reporters on stories and scripts
- Monitoring rundowns and helping line producers with headlines, teases and showcasing big story elements
- Maintain producer schedules, on-call lists and approval of timecards
- Rotating weekend on-call shift
- Production and oversight of content specials for elections, breaking news, etc
- Assist in managing newsroom staff
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Five years commercial TV news producing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Solution-oriented, collaborative, positive attitude
- Deeply engaged in the news on a daily basis
- Ability to be decisive, to listen and to always maintain a professional demeanor
- Comfortable managing people
If that sounds like a good fit for the next step in your professional journey, and you don't mind lots of sunshine and being neighbors with the ocean, this could be the right place for you!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.