Stadium’s Executive Producer will work to develop and manage the programming strategy, production efficiencies and to ensure that the content being created by Stadium matches the company vision and revenue strategies.
Some of the key job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Stadium’s Managing Director, Operations to oversee and manage all content creation, processes and personnel management.
- Manage the department heads for Studio Operations, Digital Content, and Programming by providing strategic oversight, leadership and communication to foster growth amongst departments
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; monitor and evaluate results.
- Plan and manage budgets while looking for efficiencies to optimize the output relative to the expenses. Budgeting includes both capital expense, production costs and headcount.
- Work closely with leaders in other related departments including Engineering, Revenue and IT to ensure cross-departmental synergies.
- Integrate and collaborate with the Stadium Human Resources and Finance departments to help develop best practices and create efficient, accountable, sustainable workflow and processes across departments that affect content.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Oversee the negotiation of contracts for all Stadium on-air talent, both fulltime and contracted, including both studio and remote productions.
- Oversee the Programming department and be accountable in the ideation, planning and delivery of content ideas for both general programming and sales initiatives.
- Serve as a brand advocate, working seamlessly with leadership team to help formulate and communicate a content vision that ties directly to the overall network strategy, with clear content objectives and success measurements.
- Engage in high-level negotiations to build beneficial relationships with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Proven ability to execute on unique ideas and translate them into winning/successful programming
- Ability to work well under deadlines; manage pressure situations
- Must be comfortable working at both a strategic and tactical level, with the ability to properly scope in and out
- Experience preparing and managing to a budget
- Comfort with and ability to drive results through ambiguity
- Extensive knowledge of TV production and post-production processes
- Demonstrates excellence in communication and stakeholder management
- Highly collaborative with internal teams and external partners
- Proven ability to impose structure and a culture of organization
- Professional and clear written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate to executives and across organizations
- Detail-oriented and self-starter
- Outward passion for the media industry
- Strong industry knowledge of digital products and how they are utilized
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, TV/Film or relevant field
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Some night and weekend work/travel may be required
- Strong knowledge of television and digital media; The ideal candidate should be familiar with syndication
- Proven knowledge of television, music, pop-culture, trends and emerging technology
- Collaborative, solutions oriented and entrepreneurial