The Externship Coordinator assigns, tracks and reports all activity related to the externship portion of the institution’s programs and facilitates the student’s transition from didactics to externship.
As a program faculty member and representative of the Academic Affairs Department, they are responsible to assure attainment of student training objectives for the externship in qualification for graduation.
- Achieve assigned extern to hire metric. The standard is 50% Extern to Hire rate.
- Develop new externship sites.
- Assist in the development of student job leads.
- Working with the Program Director, in consultation with the Academic Dean, assign students to their externship sites.
- Conduct site visitations for assigned externs, completing site visitation reports and documentation on a timely basis.
- Supervise externship training in compliance with Academic Affairs Department policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate the exchange of externship information, such as timesheets, with the Program Director/Registrar.
- Attend and direct assigned externship orientation.
- Assure prompt and accurate receipt of requisite reports from students and sites.
- Review all externship evaluations and direct information, as appropriate, to the Program Director.
- Advise externs as needed.
- Attend staff, departmental and Advisory Board meetings as directed.
- Participate in commencement ceremonies
- Communicate daily or as necessary with the Program Director.
- Communicate daily or as necessary with the Graduate Employment Director.
- Maintain a log of outside activities and furnish to the Program Director.
- Promote and maintain a team concept within the Academic Affairs Department.
- Maintain professional dress as a representative of the school.
- Assure compliance with all School policies and procedures.
- Assist with PAC meetings as requested.
- Remain current on developments, practices and procedures, and equipment relating to their program and professional specialty
- Instruct classes as needed.
- Perform other such duties as assigned.