Facility: ROBERT A DEYTON DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is the chief administrator of the facility. Works cooperatively with the regional and local management to develop and attain the goals and objectives of the facility according to the policy direction of the company and within the scope defined by the client agency. Has budgetary responsibility for all facility expenses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and provides leadership for the administration, security and treatment programs of the facility. Makes long-range plans and schedules. Sets goals and establishes objectives to achieve such plans.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with the client departments and their representatives.
- Approves, initiates, interprets and enforces policies and directives for efficient administration. Supplements policies with written guidelines and procedures.
- Directs the activities of all facility functions, assigns duties and delegates authority to accomplish them.
- Delegates the authority for the selection, development and termination of staff, including ongoing staff training, communications and discipline.
- Ensures that adequate procedures, method, and techniques are established in all programs and operations.
- Provides adequate facilities, space and equipment for inmates and staff.
- Ensures the ability of the facility staff to respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Provides proper safeguards and conducts regularly scheduled physical inspections for the health, safety and welfare of inmates and staff and the physical property of the facility.
- Confers with the appropriate corporate or client officials on policy matters.
- Monitors statutory requirements and legal decisions that affect administrative decisions or operations of the facility.
- Analyzes proposals, financial statements, records, statistical reports, budget estimates and justifications for proposed expenditures.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with government and private agencies including local, state and federal law enforcement units, and the community.
- Responds on a 24-hour, 7-day basis to significant unusual occurrences.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective and successful operation of the facility.