Facility: CENTRAL TEXAS DETENTION FACILITY
Compensation Base: $13.00hr plus $4.48 health & welfare
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a correctional food service position assigned to maintain custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees assigned to Food Service activities. Oversees and monitors activities of inmates or detainees while enforcing and adhering to the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises detainees specifically assigned to Food Services by monitoring and directing them in food preparation, cleanup and sanitation.
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts counts, and provides emergency responses as needed.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on detainees/inmates.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates/detainees in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Promotes facility safety and cleanliness and reports need for maintenance or repairs.
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required.
- Completes training courses as required by facility training standards
- Performs other marginal duties as assigned by management.