Barnes Aerospace West Chester OEM division is seeking an experienced FPI Operator. The ideal candidate should be a quick learner with attention to detail and strong analytical/problem solving skills. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration. This position reports to the Production Manager.
- Performs routine checks, tests, gauging and instrument inspections of materials, parts in process and finished parts.
- Performs routine tests on materials, goods in process or finished goods where results are compared with company quality standards.
- Performs visual inspection for obvious defects.
- Records results on inspection forms or charts and reports number of defects found.
- Required to inspect parts using fluorescent penetrant and black light to find defects.
- Some lifting of items of various weights, both assisted and unassisted.
- Experience in understanding of non-destructive validation methodology (visual, penetrant, etc.)
- Drive standardized continuous improvement metrics across the FPI disciplines.
- Blueprint Reading/customer requirements flow down.
- Understanding of Regulatory requirements.
- 2-3 years Quality Inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to communicate verbally and / or in writing with other employees, team members and supervision as necessary.
- Must be able to become certified Level II FPI Inspector.
- Must be able to read and interpret operation sheets and follow complex instructions and/or directions.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to read & react to verbal and non-verbal communication while maintaining complete professionalism.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to pass annual Jaeger vision exam.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.