Under the leadership of the supervisor or manager on duty, the Cabin Service Lead Agent is responsible for assigning duties of Cabin Service Agents, overseeing, assisting in and assuring completion of all tasks.
• - Directs and assists in cleaning of aircraft interiors, including but not limited to tray tables, overhead bin areas, lavatories, galley areas, seating surfaces and seat storage areas, vacuuming floors, and cleaning other areas of the aircraft interior as required.
• - Mops floors and disposes of trash into appropriate receptacles.
• - Performs visual inspection of aircraft to ensure no items are left aboard, and returns misplaced items to the appropriate individual.
• - Drives equipment required to service the aircraft which may include baggage tugs, lift trucks, and water and lavatory servicing vehicles.
• - Performs aircraft security inspection to identify and prevent security breaches.
• - Restocks magazines, food, beverages and other supplies.
• - Ensures supply room is kept in an organized and neat manner.
• - Monitors supply usage to ensure inventory is adequate to meet service requirements.
• - Performs other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
DAL Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled