Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
- Assist passengers with a smile and friendly face through arrival and check-in processes; including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors, VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance.
- Handle all aspects of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized system, boarding, baggage service, reservations and resolving related complaints and problems.
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine.
- Assist Ramp Service Agents to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers, and gate-checked bags are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival.
- Operate equipment to include the jet way, computer keyboards, and carrier-specific reservation/ ticketing software.
- Push wheelchairs with wheelchair-bound airline passengers through all areas of the airport, including terminal and gate areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned within the appropriate skill and experience capabilities expected for this position.
- Must be a local (in-state) resident.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass up to a 10-year background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must complete SIDA training to obtain airport authority identification security.
- No prior experience necessary. Must be open minded and ready to work as part of a detail-oriented team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to type and or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet the requirements of the role.
- Able to understand documents, learn and follow ticketing procedures, and other rules and regulations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1+ year of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently to meet tight time restrictions.
- You will need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. We operate in a shift bid environment.
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment.
- Enjoy the outdoors on a daily basis (sun, rain, sleet or snow!) May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jet way stairs.
Unifi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.