Knowledgeable and capable of operating fabrication machines that may include Break, Plasma, Punch Press, Saw, Shear Operations, laser and folding machine. Operates power brake to bend, notch, punch, form rolls, arc or straighten metal plates or sheet metal to blueprint or sketch specifications. Sets up and operates thermal cutting machines which cut metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions, contour, and bevel specified by blueprints, layout, work orders, and templates. Sets up and operates power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw or crimp metal components according to specifications. Sets up and operates mechanical saw to cut straight patterns in metal stock according to specifications, utilizing knowledge of sawing techniques. Sets up and operates power shear to cut metal objects to specified dimensions and angles.
3rd Shift: 10:30pm-7am; Monday-Friday OT as needed
- Knowledgeably operating the fabrication equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates a variety of CNC machines.
- Lay out or details layout on work stock from blueprints or templates to determine dimensions, tolerances, cutting/forming speed &feed rate, and correct position of table stops and guides.
- Performs machine set up and loads in & out proper tooling.
- Assembles, installs and aligns machine tooling according to specifications.
- Positions work piece in proper location against fixture or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Sets stops on machine bed and perform regular calibration as necessary.
- Verifies dimensions of work piece and completes inspection documentation.
- Performs overtime work as required.
- Performs operator Preventative Maintenance as prescribed.
- Maintains housekeeping in area support 5S.
Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly.
- Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements.
- Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
- Experience operating fabrication equipment a plus.
- Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent
- 2>5 years experience
- Must have been in current role at least 3 months to be eligible
- Cannot have suspension level of discipline on record to be eligible
Standard Work Clothes
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263.
Apply today at https://jobs.doosan.com