Knowledgeable and capable of operating fabrication machines that may include Break, Plasma, Punch Press, Saw, Shear Operations, laser and folding machine. Operates power brake to bend, notch, punch, form rolls, arc or straighten metal plates or sheet metal to blueprint or sketch specifications. Sets up and operates thermal cutting machines which cut metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions, contour, and bevel specified by blueprints, layout, work orders, and templates. Sets up and operates power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw or crimp metal components according to specifications. Sets up and operates mechanical saw to cut straight patterns in metal stock according to specifications, utilizing knowledge of sawing techniques. Sets up and operates power shear to cut metal objects to specified dimensions and angles.
Schedule: The shift and work hours for this position are Friday - Sunday, 6:00AM - 6:30PM. **Work 36 hours and receive compensation for 40 working hours.***
Role & Responsibility
- Knowledgeably operating the fabrication equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates a variety of CNC machines.
- Lay out or details layout on work stock from blueprints or templates to determine dimensions, tolerances, cutting/forming speed &feed rate, and correct position of table stops and guides.
- Performs machine set up and loads in & out proper tooling.
- Assembles, installs and aligns machine tooling according to specifications.
- Positions work piece in proper location against fixture or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Sets stops on machine bed and perform regular calibration as necessary.
- Verifies dimensions of work piece and completes inspection documentation.
- Performs overtime work as required.
- Performs operator Preventative Maintenance as prescribed.
- Maintains housekeeping in area support 5S.
Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly.
- Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements.
- Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
- Experience operating fabrication equipment a plus.
- 2>5 years experience
% of Time Spent Indoors:100% - 66%
% of Time Spent Outdoors:Less than 10%
Standard Work Clothes
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.