Objective: Works within maintenance team to support Maintenance Technicians and Electricians to maintain the facility and the operation of production departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in moving, erecting, and dismantling machinery and equipment.
- Constructs or assembles bins, racks, shelves, pallets, parts for worktables, benches, and other furnishings.
- Make minor repairs which could be related to walls, flooring, and plumbing.
- Performs outdoor functions such as shoveling snow, landscaping, and painting.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge on use of mechanical hand tools such as saws, hammers, drills, etc.
- Knowledge on applications on use of voltmeters
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lean and reach, climb ladders, bend, stoop, kneel, work in confined spaces, etc
Education and/or Experience:
· HS Diploma (or equivalent)
· 3 years experience performing machine and / or facility maintenance
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities. However, may be asked to train production personnel on routine maintenance or proper machine use.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings, blueprints, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with co-workers, supervision, and other employees within the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate dimensions. Ability to convert decimals to fractions and vice versa. Ability to perform basic calculations when determining wattage, volts, current, etc.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Needs to interpret written and verbal instructions including the use of diagrams or schedules.