MV Transportation is seeking a Maintenance Facilities Technician to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on compressors, motors, pneumatic tools, bus and large vehicle lift systems, facilities infrastructure, lighting, plumbing, gantry cranes, hoists, pumps, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments and troubleshooting techniques.
- Removes and replaces defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing operations of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment using in-house parts room and procurement services. Documents, orders, requisitions parts and supplies using the CMMS/EAM of the agency.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions, requests and thorough documentation of work in the agency's CMMS/EAM.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Equipment Maintenance
- Pneumatics and Vacuum Systems
- Vehicle lifts
- Electric distribution systems, electrical troubleshooting skills
- A working knowledge of schematics and blueprints
- Ability to work safely and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in inclement/extreme weather
- Ability to lift 80 pounds
- Flexible schedule as pertains to shiftwork
- Computer skills, including CMMS/EAM electronic work tracking systems, basic word processing, etc.
- Other duties as required
MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.