- Monitor and manage optimum performance of all existing building systems, including HVAC, back-up power generators, UPS, electrical, critical equipment monitoring, security (access controls and camera surveillance), fire protection systems, and general building maintenance.
- Conduct facility inspections and manages inspection results and repairs.
- Manage vendor relationships, such as, security resources, food/beverage services, recycling/shredding services, copy machine services, and other facility related services.
- Manage vendor performance to meet cost and schedule objectives.
- Obtain necessary permits/licenses as required to perform facility changes and equipment installations and related activities. Maintains all required records including maintenance contracts, inspection reports, insurance documents, and permits.
- Oversee activities of building contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Responsible for monitoring all contracts for compliance and cost control. Performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and industry standards.
- Respond in a professional and timely manner to management and internal customer inquiries relating to facilities operations issues. Research and resolve problems related to facilities operational issues.
- Manage or assist in managing outsourced building services including (but not limited to) janitorial, grounds maintenance and garbage collection.
- Responsible for monitoring of all expenditures for assigned areas of responsibility against budget and reporting variances on a monthly basis.
- Manage the daily operations of the maintenance department and conducts performance assessments of employees.
- Integrates 6s and Lean principles in areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation of annual capital and expense budgets.
- Develop a preventative maintenance calendar and oversee that all items and duties are carried out.
- Work with Site management to develop and maintain disaster preparedness plan and busy continuity plans for the facility.
- Project management skills and abilities as applied to contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Ability to manage vendor contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance and custodial principles, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of uniform building codes, fire codes, ADA, OSHA preferred.
- Supervisor experience is a plus.
Education, Experience and Behavioral Competency Requirements:
- BS Degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing /Facility role.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
Barnes Group Inc. career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and
Professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)