Facilities Tech Specialist
As the Tech Ambassador, you will roll out and support the implementation, adoption, and usage of technology throughout some of our home building facilities. You will work as a technical engineer, helping with hardware configuration and support, as well as a support analyst, helping with basic day-to-day computing (printers, PCs, general technology support). You will be a subject matter expert on the technology products that are used in the facilities (Vantage, our SalesForce.com implementation; ClaytonGO, our portal for interacting with retailers; Gateway, our paperless plant solution; and others).
You will lean heavily on technology modernization efforts, particularly around infrastructure modernization at the manufacturing facilities, and deployment of our enterprise solutions such as Oracle ERP, Vantage (SalesForce.com) and other enterprise tools. Our goal is to provide personalized support to our facilities to implement creative solutions that are tailored to their specific facility environment.
In this role, you will get the opportunity to interact with facilities personnel, vendors and Tech team members to ensure optimal rollout and support of technology solutions and be the single point of contact for multiple facilities. This will be a mobile position, visiting multiple locations and facilities throughout the week. Our current plan is to have an alignment of one Tech Ambassador to anywhere from four to eight facilities, depending on the proximity of the locations. We will hire two roles in 2019 to prove the concept and hone the support model and ramp up additional positions in 2020.
- Be the single point of contact for several Home Building Facilities for all things Tech.
- Be the “boots on the ground” team member for Tech teams that need to deploy hardware, software, or other technology to the facility.
- Serve as the liaison between the Home Building Facility and Tech for any new technologies being deployed, recommending process changes, identifying possible challenges or opportunities for the solutions, and proactively communicating technology-related feedback to Tech business leaders, Business Unit stakeholders, and users.
- Work with Tech Product Owners to provide feedback and input on feature requests or capabilities requests for various products including ClaytonGO, Vantage, and Oracle ERP.
- Work with the associated Business Analyst to develop detailed requirements for process improvements and defect resolutions.
- Work directly with ETO and Security to ensure hardware is properly maintained, serviced, and stays within warranty period.
- Provide hands-on support at the facility for software and hardware deployments at the facility that may be managed from Home Office (Maryville).
- Build relationships across multiple groups within each plant to ensure feedback loops are in place to improve the adoption and use of technology investments.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with HBG Tech on activities, feedback, and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, Tech professionals, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong ability to roll up the sleeves and take a hands-on approach
- Must be able to be self-directed and work independently, while also providing status and feedback to the facility leadership and HBG Tech management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Business and Systems Analysis, as well as basic project management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical and business experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to translate stakeholder requirements into basic requirements that can be used for development and break down technical complexities so that they can be easily understood by business units and end users.
- Ability to travel 100%, preferably living in an area that can easily reach 4 to 6 Home Building Facilities within a reasonable driving time.
401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
Paid Time Off days and holidays
Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
Team Share Quarterly Bonus
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
JobCategory: Information Technology