In this role you will:
- Support the Facilities Supervisor/Lead in the coordination of daily activities of the facilities technicians to ensure for facilities quality, reliability, productivity, and effective equipment and/or system maintenance/projects. Establish priorities, organize work assignments, plan and schedule essential duties of facilities operations. Ensure for reliability of the Johnson Controls Metasys building automation system, toxic gas monitoring system, Datatrax SCADA system, Simplex fire system, and pollution abatement systems.
- Perform all jobs safely & correctly.
- Effectively manage outside contractors/vendors and work productively with them to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Manage the CMMS to ensure all scheduled preventative and corrective maintenance work orders are completed on time. Coordinate outsourced work orders and ensure funding is appropriated as necessary to eliminate scheduling delays.
- Remove obstacles and seek solutions to allow facilities technicians to efficiently complete assigned work.
- Play an active role in Facilities corrective actions.
- Implement effective communication methods, written and verbal, to share policies, changes, new information, etc. Provide performance input to management.
- Develop maintenance routines related to Facilities workflow.
- Monitor the radio and respond to system alarms, security or other technicians when action is required.
- Employ proper communication skills and excellent service to all customers, colleagues, contractors/vendors.
- Be an active member and contributor of the onsite Emergency Response Team (ERT).
You are best equipped for this job if you have the following profile:
- 5+ years of skilled trade background; electrical, mechanical, chemical, electronics, etc.
- Strong Safe Work Practices, keeping safety at the highest priority at all times.
- Professional demeanor w/ an emphasis in excellent customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team oriented environment
- Experience in a manufacturing support industry
- Ability to make and meet commitments and to deliver what is promised
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to others, both verbally and in writing
- Experience within the semiconductor industry and team leadership is a plus
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint skills.
- Administration & PC skills
- Ability to remain focused on solutions; open and flexible even when under pressure
- Ability to work perseveringly together with colleagues in a team environment to continually improve all facility systems performance and efficiency
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.