The Facility Acceleration Manager is responsible for for the acceleration of concept development in the front end of innovation to enable employees, teams, and others to create believable concepts. Responsible for assisting in the experiment phase of innovation accelerated for the development of fast prototypes, and other concepts or mockups as required by Innovation Accelerated process. Responsible for mentoring the methods for using the Tinker Lab and innovation tools for properly executing innovative concepts. Also responsible for effectively managing the facility and equipment for the Doosan Bobcat North American Acceleration Center to ensure the facility, land, equipment and vehicles are available to meet the requirements of the Acceleration Center functions in the most cost-effective manner available.
Role & Responsibility
Experimental Design Subject Matter Expert
- Mentor and manage the coordination of innovation events for physical innovation.
- Mentor the utilization of the Acceleration Center for accelerated development.
Concept Development Leadership
- Lead and mentor the process for developing concepts from other ideas generated by functions.
- Use and mentor of tools like the Multi Material Router, multiple 3D Printers, all low fidelity materials.
- Support the design, specification and construction phase of modifications to existing infrastructure, plant and office workspace, etc.
- Manage project documentation, budgets and communication with customers/vendors.
- Establish complete documentation of additions to infrastructure/system components.
- Plan and coordinate facility maintenance work including HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting, construction/renovation, utilities and general building maintenance.
- Develop/execute preventive maintenance program for all building systems and equipment.
- Develop specifications and requirements for new mechanical equipment and utilities during the procurement phase.
- Ensure a safe and comfortable work environment for employees and visitors.
- Work with Federal, State and Local agencies to ensure the company facility in Bismarck is in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develop a preventive maintenance program for engineering equipment per the requirements of the engineering department and industry-specific operational guidelines.
- Assist on maintenance items such as troubleshooting, repairs, gathering technical details of equipment failure and scheduling outside contractors for equipment repair services.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 7-10 years.
- 5+ years in the development of product or design of concepts.
- 10+ years of facility or equipment maintenance experience. Advanced knowledge of building operations, preventive maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire systems.
- Strong project management skills.
- CAD, programming and design tool use.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and provide self-motivation.
- Ability to effectively manage competing demands.
- Capable of mentoring and leading others.
- Travel: <15%. Valid driver’s license.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.