At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Facility Electronics Technician who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- A supportive environment where employment growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Facility Electronics Technician installs, repairs and maintains complex electronic systems throughout the correctional facility including, but not limited to control circuits, lighting controls, motor controls, door controls and camera systems. Implements and maintains security electronic equipment, controls and automation systems.
- Updates existing facility drawings to account for changes to include new system installations and re-designs. Annotates changes within proper timeframes.
- Interprets standard plans, blueprints, and electronic schematics and utilizes ladder logic for electrical programming, as needed.
- Prioritizes assignments based on urgency and scheduled needs. Completes work orders in accordance with company standards for workmanship, and in compliance with building codes, blueprints, manuals and/or other applicable procedures, standards or specifications.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of standard operating records and reports, as required.
- Provides for the proper supervision and tracking of inmates/residents assigned to the Maintenance Department. Escorts inmates/residents or coordinates the movement of inmates/residents to and from different areas.
- Inspects for items that could be used as contraband, weapons or implements of escape by inmates/residents. Provides for the secure storage, proper use and/or safe disposal of tools, supplies and equipment. Maintains all tools in proper working.
- Coordinates electrical activities, updates and information with the FSC Real Estate department, other facility staff, agencies, and external contractors and vendors, as needed.
- Responds to emergency situations on an on-call basis.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- An Associate's degree in a related technical field is preferred.
- Two years of experience in instrumentation, electronics and control systems is required. Candidate must have working knowledge and experience reading and interpreting electrical and electronic blueprints and diagrams.
- Experience applying and interpreting results from common electrical measurement instruments (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope etc.) is required.
- Candidate is also required to also have knowledge of PLC systems, IP Cameras systems (CCTV) and Computer systems.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate ability to complete work assignments in a timely manner, under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.