MV Transportation is seeking a Facility Worker who is responsible for but not limited to, structure, paint, windows, doors, HVAC, electrical, janitorial and fuel management systems, managing and documenting the regular preventive maintenance / repairs of the facility and documenting of those efforts on a computer based system. Additional include to help with the shelter (diagnostic head signs, lights, and others) as needed.
The Facility Worker under limited supervision of the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, must act autonomously in developing daily personal work assignment to accomplish the workload of not only the maintenance of the facility and its appearance but management of the facility preventive maintenance program, and the following:
- Perform, facilitate and document all facility maintenance PMI services.
- Diagnose facility issues for repair or communication to supervisor including, structural electrical and HVAC systems.
- Prepare and submit records of work performed both manual and computer based software as required.
- Record all parts and supplies used on equipment.
- Be familiar with statutes of and regulations pertaining to his/her trade.
- Ensure safety policies and procedure are followed in the facility.
- Keeps a clean and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience managing large facilities.
- Must be willing and able to work varied shifts, weekends & holidays as needed/assigned.
- Must become proficient in the use of facility diagnostic equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
- Familiar with company policies and procedures.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.