Repair & Maintenance
Farm Maintenance Technician – Terre Haute (rural PutnamCounty) H07
DESCRIPTION: To ensure properly scheduled, periodic, preventative oremergency maintenance of production buildings and equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limitedto:
• Trouble shooting and repairing hog confinement facilitiesequipment.
• Inspecting, adjusting, and repairing equipment andbuilding structures in the facilities.
• Recordkeeping of time and materials related to individualwork orders.
• Starting machines and equipment to test operationfollowing repair.
• Setting up and operating metal working equipment andtools, such as lathe, drill press, grinder, or welder, to make or repair parts.
• Analyzing and resolving machinery and equipment problems,applying knowledge of shop mathematics and mechanics.
• Directing the work of new hires in training.
• Determining priority of work orders.
• Assisting other workers in a variety of duties.
• Following other job-related instructions and performingother job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state andfederal laws.