Du�e to growth, Reading Hospital is seeking a Geriatrician to join our geriatric medicine team as Fellowship Director and be part of the Geriatric Center at Reading Hospital.
The 600+bed acute care hospital is an independent academic facility with teaching and clinical responsibilities. The right candidate is looking for an opportunity to provide care to geriatric patients in different settings, teach residents and be part of a team that works to build and adopt models of Geriatric Care with an emphasis on quality.
A full-time, Board-certified Geriatric Medicine Physician to serve as the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program Director. The Program Director will have 50% dedicated time to administer to the fellowship training program. The Program Director position requires an academic background supportive of an appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level with Drexel University College of Medicine. The Program Director requires a physician with a track record of leadership, research, clinician educator, mentoring professionalism and role modeling. The Program Director needs to have a background in geriatric medicine. The fellowship program focuses on excellence in clinical care and teaching in a collegial atmosphere. The Program Director will serve as a geriatric medicine clinical attending and as the geriatric medicine fellowship program director.
- Authority and accountability for administration and operations; teaching and scholarly activity; fellow recruitment and selection, evaluation, and promotion of fellows, and disciplinary action; supervision of fellows; fellow education in the context of patient care; provide approval, oversight and removal of program faculty
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating the fellows in each of the ACGME competency areas
- Oversee and ensure the quality of didactic, clinical and scholarly education in all sites, to not only meet but, excel at accreditation requirements
- Design and conduct the training program consistent with needs of the community, the mission of the program, the hospital and the health system
- Foster and conduct research activity
- Compliance with the Reading Hospital and Tower Health System policies and procedures on employment and non-discrimination
- Be familiar with, and comply with, ACGME training and reporting requirements
- Communicate with Section Chief, DIO, trainees, faculty, GMEC and ACGME
- Participate in academic societies and in educational programs designed to enhance educational and administrative skills
- Provide geriatric care in both inpatient and outpatient settings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Medical Degree from an Accredited School of Medicine
- Pennsylvania State Medical License
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine, fellowship trained
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in active faculty member role in an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency or geriatric medicine fellowship
- Committed to Reading Hospital, Tower Health and the communities served