Spa Massage Therapist is to provide spa treatments for guests. All treatments will be delivered in the protocols set forth by Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas.
The Spa Massage Therapist reports directly to the Assistant Director of Spa.
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
• Offer the highest level of personalized service while maintaining a gracious, enthusiastic, helpful and professional attitude with all guests and team members.
• Create special conversations with guests which identify personal preferences in order to record in each guest's profile history.
• Maintain a daily record (via Spa Soft software) of all guest requests, reservations and confirmations for guests.
• Communicate and describe in an articulate manner the spa offerings and their benefits.
• Provide consistent massage and body treatments as directed in training classes and accepted certification practices.
• Properly care for equipment and product used throughout the spa facility.
• Understands and adheres to punctuality for spa appointments.
• Ability to compare and contrast the different services on the menu.
• Recommend and up-sell services that fit the guests' needs.
• Recommend spa products that fit the guests' needs.
• Complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
• Handle guest questions and concerns with professionalism and courtesy
• Respond to guest requests immediately, accurately, and appropriately.
• Understand the importance of and committed to continuing education.
• Uphold the standards of sanitation, sterilization, restocking rooms, and the pantry area.
• Maintain an understanding of the spa industry and spa philosophy (balance, relaxation, unity, and a healthy lifestyle)
• Understand that as a representative of the Spa they will maintain a healthy, fit appearance and a positive attitude.
• Maintain a clean, safe, stocked and well organized work area
• Maintain spa appearance and cleanliness.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Assist in all areas of the spa operation as directed by management
• Comfortable around guests in a state of undress.
• Excellent, reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
• 500 hours massage training and education in various modalities such as Swedish, Sports, Deep tissue, and Pregnancy massage. Specialized education in other modalities, recommended.
• Passed the required courses and hours necessary to obtain a Nevada State Board of Massage Therapy license.
• CPR certified
• Experience in administering treatments to male and female guests in a professional manner.
• Comfortable with in room and poolside services
• Previous spa aesthetician experience with upscale required
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Previous aesthetics experience in spa setting
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!