SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Field Personnel will safely conduct field and office tasks related to field research. Adequate training will be provided on a task-by-task basis. This is a temporary, seasonal position located in Wyoming, IL.
- Reports to Field Scientist.
- Safely perform specific duties associated with the conduct of trials as detailed in SGS Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). These duties are briefly summarized below:
- Plot maintenance, planting and cultivation under direction of Field Scientist or Farm Manager.
- Pollinations, Sampling and Field Data collection under direction of Field Scientist.
- Safely complete assigned duties according to applicable SOP’s and training.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Relevant experience preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized and able to work independently.
- Excellent communications skills required.
- Must be able to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects effectively, efficiently and with confidentiality.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to attend work regularly and dependably.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client/site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.