Job ID: 16104
TMC is the leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, drug discovery companies, and nanotechnology labs. We are a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with approximate annual sales of $5 billion.
TMC strives to be the unquestioned world leader in our field. We are forward thinking on a global scale yet enjoy a family-type atmosphere in an energetic fast-paced environment.
We are actively seeking qualified candidates in the following area: Regional Field Service Engineer, Western US
Location: Western US based (CA, AZ, NM, OR, WA, UT, NV, CO, MN, IL or TX based within 1.5 hours of major airport)
In this position, you will install, optimize and certify new systems and provide troubleshooting and repair services on TMC’s line of innovative and market leading active vibration isolation and electromagnetic field cancellation products. This role is responsible for handling all aspects of field service support including communications between customers and TMC sales and service department, detailed preparation of written reports and documentation. You must be able to work independently with strong customer service values and think critically to resolve technical issues on a variety of electrical and electromechanical instruments. This position will be remotely located, reporting to the TMC Service Supervisor at TMC’s headquarters in Peabody MA.
• Attend training in Peabody MA for 3 to 8 weeks depending on experience and existing knowledge
• Perform new product installations, service on existing products and environmental surveys for existing and potential new customers domestically and internationally.
• Work duties include tuning, troubleshooting, and performance optimization at customer facilities mainly for TMC’s advanced products including but not limited to Stacis, Stacis iX, SEM-Closure, Electro-Damp, Mag-NetX, PEPS II, Everstill and micro-G
• Travel worldwide to perform duties. Most travel will be in the Western US: CA, AZ, NM, OR, WA, UT, NV, CO, ID or TX but could also include trips to other parts of North America with occasional travel to Europe, Asia and south/central America.
• Assist Quality, R&D and Engineering Department in diagnosing and debugging problems in the field and reporting findings to the factory
• Perform floor vibration measurements, room magnetic field measurements and acoustic measurements at customer sites. Understand and analyze this data.
• Analyze collected data and prepare detailed technical reports documenting installations, service and surveys.
• Associate degree or higher in mechanical/manufacturing/electrical related field plus a minimum 3 years of field service experience performing installations, maintenance, and repair of industrial equipment.
• Familiarity with data acquisition systems, FFT analysis and oscilloscopes.
• Strong electrical, mechanical and pneumatic aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics and assembly drawings.
• Must be resourceful and think critically in solving problems while traveling far from factory support.
• Effectively work from a home office or TMC Peabody MA headquarters within 1.5 hours of a major airport
• Ability to travel, work independently and be flexible regarding frequent changes in schedule
• The ability to perform under critical deadlines and time constraints.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, experience with SalesForce a plus.
• Trustworthy, self-motivated and an effective team player.
• Effective communication skills, both orally and written, with technical and non-technical individuals.
• Proficiency in English.
• Ability to stand, bend, and reach with both hands as necessary, and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to bend, squat, crawl, reach and maneuver in tight spaces.
• Expected travel 50 – 80%
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.