Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
This role reports to Service Operations Director- Industrial Automation Energy Industries (IAEN). As a Field Service Regional Manager, you will be responsible for managing a group of field service engineers with responsibility for contract execution, contract compliance, small project/upgrade delivery, customer satisfaction, and financial return for multiple complex and/or large contracts and small project/upgrades. Coordinate activities and provide technical advice to contract delivery teams. Ensure compliance with all ABB Safety policies and procedures for ABB personnel involved in execution of service contracts. Develop, recommend and implement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve performance. Locations: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York and New Jersey
- Plan, develop and manage multiple contracts and small projects. With your understanding of ABB service products and customer needs you will develop and grow contracts for labor, parts and repair including full scope of ABB Ability digital solutions. Work with local sales and project teams to develop service solutions for the installed base in your area. Coordinate activities arrange staffing for each contract and assign specific responsibilities. Ensure that overall efforts are in concert with customer and company requirements.
- Approve purchase orders for contract materials and services and approve quality assurance and control requirements. Ensure timely delivery of quality information and materials, product quality and field service product performance, responsive to customers. Review status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure contract parameters are met. Manage project risks to avoid incurring penalties, warranty repairs or other charges.
- Maintain close contact with customers and project participants to identify and resolve issues of mutual concern and to seek opportunities for additional business. Ensure timely contract completion, customer satisfaction and desired financial return. In conjunction with related groups, develop business projections and implement strategies to achieve growth/profitability objectives and ensure responsiveness to customers.
- Manage and document employee performance and prepare associated recommendations and Personal & Development Appraisal (PDA) while concurrently ensuring fair and equitable treatment. Promote training of staff to upgrade their skills and increase the group's effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field with minimum 8 to 12 years of experience. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 5 or more years of professional work experience.
- Knowledge of ABB’s Harmony/Symphony/800xA.
- Experience with ABB 800xA, AC800M (Control Builder), Infi90, Symphony Harmony, Symphony Plus.
- General product knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Distributed control system (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Process Instrumentation, Microsoft Networking, Network & Field Communications protocols.
- Fluent understanding of Industrial Process Control Principles and Human-Machine Interface.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal (English).
- Basic Industry knowledge of Power Generation & Transmission, Pulp & Paper, Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas and Utilities & Water.
- Background in Quality Customer Experience including customer complaints, net promotor survey programs, employee and customer survey programs, utilizing such quality programs as Lean, Six Sigma, 4Q, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Define - Measure - Analyze - Implement - Control (DMAIC) methods.
- Travel between 25% – 50% is possible.
- Territory includes: CT, DE, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.