Do you have experience supervising an Ag customer service crew? Can you repetitively bend and lift to 40 lbs. in a non-climate controlled environment? Are you proficient with computers? Do you possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively? If you said yes to these questions, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Field Service Supervisor. This position is responsible primarily for the safe and efficient direction of field services necessary to provide fertilizer and plant protection applications for our customers. Critical to the success in the role is the coaching, feedback, training and daily supervision necessary for ensuring safe application processes.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- High School graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred
- 2-4 years previous experience supervising a crew delivering Ag customer service
- Must possess good computer skills including knowledge of MS office
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports
- Strength in ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical applications
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Possess a QAL or ability to obtain one within the first 3 months of employment
- Ability to consistently bend and lift up to 40 lbs. while working in a non-climate controlled environment
Key Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Strong customer service orientation required, including the ability to effectively respond to telephone calls and customer inquiries
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from other employees, customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers, etc.
- Excellent driving record
- Must be able to deal effectively with different personalities
- Good communication skills on the telephone, two-way radio and with the public
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments. Must be versatile, flexible, and willing and have the ability to handle multiple priorities to completion within specific timeframes
- Ability to travel by automobile or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations or customer farms
- Ability to sit at desk or computer terminal to perform writing, and keying/typing information
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables include:
- Responsible for providing direct supervision, support and training to field services support team members, while handling daily field services goals and deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring that all service team members are properly trained in functions being performed and that the correct materials and service practices are followed at all times
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety gear is properly used at all times and that safe practices are followed consistently
- Responsible for attending product training sessions, meetings and pursuing information to ensuring current product, training and practices knowledge
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery, set-up and calibration of all field equipment, ensuring the equipment has been properly maintained and/or serviced as required for safe functionality
- Responsible for maintaining a professional interaction with all customers, partnering with field sales to resolve any service disputes
- Present a professional image to our customers
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe and legal manner
- Performs all other duties as assigned in order to meet the productivity and performance goals of the operation
- Exercises daily supervision of crew to ensure applications accuracy/timeliness
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience or other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
bi-lingual bi-lingual bi-lingual bi-lingual bi-lingual bi-lingual bi-lingual
supervisor supervisor supervisor supervisor supervisor supervisor supervisor
agriculture agriculture agriculture agriculture agriculture agriculture agriculture