Field Service Technician
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will provide technical support for IAPI Service in Process Automation Process Industries in Syracuse, New York. delivering superior, professional service, remotely or on-site
Reporting to the Services Operations Manager, you will be working independently or as part of a team based on customer/contract requirements.
- Technical skills will be considered the foundation of this position to deliver contract services, provide sales support, and opportunities for revenue growth.
- This position will be focused on the ABB Quality Control System (QCS) product lines and ABB 800xA control systems.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Networking software will be a plus.
- This person will need to be self motivated and self directed to accommodate the numerous customer responsibilities.
- QCS system maintenance, perform hardware and software on measurement and control system equipment, ABB Harmony, and other Process Control equipment.
- Associates degree desired in electrical, electronics, computer science, or electronics courseware and minimum 8 years of experience or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments would be considered.
- Service engineering skills associated with Pulp and Paper.
- You will develop a good working knowledge of the 1180M, 1190, 800xA, and other ABB quality system machinery as well as customer satisfaction skills.
- Effective skills will vary on a wide range of ABB system types.
- You will develop exceptional troubleshooting skills to put it all together to solve most problems.
- Great communication skills will be a key asset and one that will result in an assertive style of action while maintaining customer empathy.
- A good understanding of the technical aspects of Quality Control Systems is a must.
- Knowledge of the 800xA product line would be another key asset.
- The knowledge received can range initially from basic maintenance to application services to allow the candidate to address a wide range of system and process control issues.
- Electrical Installation, Electronics, Instrumentation, Service and Maintenance, Project Management, Installation and Commissioning.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.