Windstream is looking for responsible technicians to install, integrate, test, program, maintain and troubleshoot various microwave, fiber and copper networking and routing gear, including patch panels (Optical/Electrical), routers (Cisco), point-to-point microwave radios connecting multiple indoor and outdoor locations. The position will involve installing equipment at customer premise and roof top. They will be on site support for remote engineers test accept wireless and land line circuits.
The position will also work with fiber carriers and end customers during circuit testing and acceptance. As Windstream’s single point of contact in the market, this position will also have other ad hoc responsibilities such as working with local authorities, property managers, and other third parties. The ideal applicant will have the fortitude to be trained and become proficient in the job responsibilities described below.
- Support installation and configuration of network equipment
- Configure equipment for network surveillance and supervision, including programming of IP addresses
- Test and accept new network equipment and/or services
- Perform coaxial cable sweep tests and record result
- Perform ground resistance tests and record results
- Maintain network equipment at a variety of terrestrial and wireless transmission locations
- Immediately respond to critical and major service-affecting outages on a 24 x 7 basis
- Troubleshoot and correct network fault conditions
- Maintain service documentation, logs, preventative maintenance records, trouble tickets and incident reports
- Applicant must be able to work various work schedules other than Normal Business Hours and be on call on a rotational basis.
- Applicant must be able to endure some heavy to moderate lifting during periods of the work day transporting and assembling infrastructure to support equipment
- Applicant must able to work in outdoor environments for extended intervals.
- Some telecommunications experience
- Microwave and/or digital transmission installation and operations experience
- Understanding of circuit testing and equipment operation
- High School diploma required. AA or Technical Associates degree desired
- Strong computer skills, Basic IP networking knowledge (Ethernet) desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and equipment trouble shooting skills
- Valid driver’s license