Do you have the ability to use GPS calibration tools? Do you have knowledge of agricultural production and practices? Do you also have knowledge of fabrication and fertilizer calibration?
If you said YES to all of these questions, AND, you thrive in a team environment, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an Agricultural Field Services professional to provide transportation and set-up services of agricultural equipment for customer or branch use as well as other general service and equipment maintenance duties.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- Valid driver’s license with CDL or ability to obtain CDL
- Mechanical skills and understand fabrication techniques
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs.
- Willing and desires to work overtime hours during busy seasons
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Oversee all aspects of field service support
- Take out, set up, and calibrate equipment to be used by the growers in the field
- Move and set-up tanks as needed
- Oversee the daily maintenance of all application and support equipment at branch facility. This may include trucks, tractors, implements and any other support equipment assigned to that specific branch.
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness.
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Ensure that the correct materials are being used at all times
- Ensure that safety gear is properly used at all time
- Interact with customers in a professional manner. Contact Salesperson to resolve any disputes.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe and legal manner
- Other duties as required and assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)