Senior Finance Manager, Regional Analytics
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
This position will report to the Finance Director, Regional Analytics and lead a team of Senior Financial Analyst(s) to provide the Finance Director, Vice President Regional Finance, Enterprise Commercial and Regional SLT with financial insights and analytical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Finance Director and Vice President in partnering with the Regional Leadership Team, EVP of General Diagnostics and SVP of Commercial in identifying and delivering value-creating analytics that enable better decision making in the regional businesses.
• Implement and manage the daily and weekly volume reporting.
• Manage consolidated regional reporting, as well as revenue reporting and analysis for core diagnostics information services business with ~$2B in annual revenue.
• Manage the monthly close process and related analysis, including Day +3/+4 revenue and volume reporting (relative to budget, forecast, outlook and prior year), Day +6 reporting to Commercial leadership, and consolidate analyses for Day +10 presentation by Regional Leadership to the senior management team.
• Manage the annual budget, quarterly forecast and monthly outlook processes for the regional businesses.
• Partner with Commercial teams to drive profitable growth, including large deal modeling, reducing patient write-offs, supporting client pricing negotiations and identifying underperforming accounts, health plans, tests and providing insight and proposed solutions to improve outcomes.
• Support regional Commercial spend planning and budget process
• Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
• Lead, coach and develop direct reports.
The Finance Manager will supervise a team, currently consisting of 4 Senior Financial Analysts
• Minimum level of education required – Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• MBA preferred
• 6+ years of related experience in Finance or Accounting
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Job requires the individual to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Strong Excel skills. PowerBI a plus
• Ability to partner with and collaborate across functions/levels to deliver business results.
• Critical thinker with deep business and financial acumen particularly around financial modeling, return on investments analysis, and overall P&L management.
• Excellent communications and executive presentation skills, with strong capability to frame and influence management.
• Ability to effectively navigate in a matrix organization and engage in healthy debates to enhance the outcome of team decisions.