Director, Finance – Exam One
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low-cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Finance Director (FD) is the Finance Leader for Exam One, the market leader in life insurance risk assessment and a cash generator driving growth opportunities across multiple Quest businesses via an extensive mobile collection network and serving as an innovation incubator with unique data analytics solutions. The Finance Director is part of the Exam One leadership and is responsible for supporting across all areas of finance and business performance related to revenue growth and operational efficiency, including controls, and billing This position reports directly to the Corporate Vice President, Finance.
• Collaborate to drive business performance including, driving the execution of business strategies to grow revenue, improve profitability and contain costs, while maintaining a well-controlled environment
• Provides business insights on Exam One performance
• Active participant in strategy development to review and prioritize growth initiatives based on financial returns
• P&L accountability, as part of monthly close process – “Owns the P&L”
• Development, review, and analysis of key metrics for the businesses and recommendation of corrective actions as needed
• Builds a highly engaged and highly motivated team. Be a talent exporter
• Maintaining an appropriate ‘Tone at the Top” and to ensure a well-controlled environment across the portfolio of businesses, including responsibility for internal controls
• Collaborate with centralized teams during the month end close and budget/ forecasting processes (FP&A, Corporate and Centralized Accounting, etc.)
• Budget/ Forecasting processes – Provide business trends/insights/actions
• Identify issues/opportunities to improve performance (growth, productivity)
• Billing and Collection
• Business modeling/analysis
• Capital investment analysis
• M&A support
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Approx. 7+ years’ experience of professional and relevant accounting/finance experience
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of operational and financial processes and practical application of financial and strategic analysis
• Demonstrates exceptional skill in working with senior management and the executive team
• Exhibits strong and effective organizational leadership skills in developing a highly engaged and highly-motivated team
• Lenexa, Kansas is preferred but other locations will be considered
• This role will have two direct reports
• Financial Acumen
• Critical Thinking
• Framing and Influencing
• Priority Setting
• Strategic Thinking
• Presentation skills
• Problem solving
• Directing Others
• Building an Effective Team
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Strong leadership and professional presence
• Capability to work with senior executives