Barnes Industrial, Engineered Components SBU seeks a dynamic financial leader and business partner to serve as Finance Director for the SBU. The role is a core member of the Engineered Components senior management team with key input to all business and strategic decisions and accountable for maintaining the integrity and completeness of the financial data and controls for the segment. The SBU Finance leaders for all of the SBU businesses, reporting to this SBU finance director, are responsible for maintaining the integrity and completeness of the financial data and controls for their respective businesses. Additionally, as lead on Business Analysis and Planning responsibilities, this role will provide direction and support to the President, Engineered Components as well as the Industrial Segment Finance Director to drive the growth and profitability for the Engineered Components business
- Provides functional leadership and managerial direction to the Engineered Components accounting and finance resources and global operations.
- Responsible for ensuring Engineered Components financial statements are timely/accurate and in compliance with U.S. GAAP and Barnes Group policy. Incumbent is responsible for establishing and maintaining internal controls and procedures over financial reporting including design and assessment of effectiveness of controls and procedures.
- Alongside the SBU President, supports the strategic growth and business development initiatives for the business.
- Partners with SBU leadership team on the strategic planning for the SBU and take the lead on the financial due diligence for any merger and acquisition activities, divestitures and other strategic opportunities.
- Partners with the SBU President and SBU business leaders to identify and drive plans for operational efficiencies, and various growth initiatives including investment opportunities, capital appropriation request and other investments.
- Drives accuracy in forecasting and achievement of monthly, quarterly results, with assessment and driver for improvement, communication of risks and opportunities, as well as be the prime point of contact for driving KPIs.
- Drives working capital initiatives across the SBU
- Supports talent development activities for SBU Finance leaders: Finance staff oversight, development, coaching, recruiting.
- Supports, as part of the Engineered Components leadership team, Barnes Enterprise System (BES) model including GDP, KPI, and BES NG initiatives
- A proven track record of progressive career advancement with 10+ years of global financial and operational experience of increasing responsibility. Manufacturing background highly preferred.
- Highest level of integrity; excellent working knowledge of US GAAP in a strong controls environment are required.
- A change agent comfortable in a dynamic organization experiencing growth and strategic evolution. Superior project management skills and a record of delivering results in connection with business improvement.
- Persuasive leadership skills and excellent technical accounting skills to coach, guide, and motivate the SBU – wide financial staff.
- Demonstrated ability to position the finance group as a valued and collaborative resource to the organization.
- Strong competencies in leadership, communication, emotional intelligence, cultural awareness & organizational astuteness.
- Acquisition and financial modeling experience highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required. MBA is preferred. Accreditation in Accounting (CPA, CMA, or CIA) highly desirable
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.