What General Accounting contributes to Cardinal Health
General Accounting is responsible for maintaining the financial books and records and preparing financial statements in accordance with accounting standards.
- Maintain the integrity of the standard cost system by analyzing the product scrap rates, labor rates and machine rates and making the appropriate recommendations to update the bill of materials and/or routers.
- Prepare cost quotes as required for new and extended product lines.
- Manage the month-end close process to include developing the schedule, prepare journal entries, preparing reconciliations and preparing monthly reports.
- Analyze standard cost variances related to material purchase price, material usage and labor utilization; prepare monthly summary reports; assist with development of standard cost variance forecasts and budgets.
- Analyze and reconcile ERP perpetual inventory reports to ERP general ledger balances; assist with inventory reporting, forecasting, and budgeting, including valuation reserves.
- Assist in the audit of inventory cycle counts to verify accuracy of perpetual inventory balances.
- Oversee and ensure that fixed asset are conducted and records maintained to verify accuracy of fixed asset listings in support of general ledger balances.
- Analyze cost center spending compared to forecast and budget; assist with development of spending forecast updates and budgets.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations regarding Operational Excellence cost reduction and cost avoidance initiatives; maintain summary of monthly savings by project.
- Prepare and distribute the daily, weekly and monthly financial reports to the manufacturing management team.
- Assist in development of annual updates to ERP standard costs and inventory revaluation.
- Assist in the assessment and testing of internal controls (Sarbanes Oxley)
- Assist in continuous improvement of SOP’s
- Manage, develop and mentor direct reports.
- Manage and support the AP related activities still maintained at the plant location
- Serves as a backup function to the Controller
- Satisfy corporate requests and inquiries as well as other misc. projects as assigned
- Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is a major cornerstone of this Company’s beliefs. Working safely and protecting the environment are an essential part of an employee’s job performance and all employees are responsible for adhering to plant EHS policies/procedures, report hazardous conditions or risks follow department EHS rules, PPE requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), ISO 13485 regulations and Good Housekeeping procedures. All employees shall operate in a manner that protects the health and safety of its employees/visitors and operate in a manner that conserves energy, natural resources and protects the environment. In addition, all safety related incidents, no matter how slight, must be reported immediately.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field; with at least 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- prior supervisory experience
- CPA preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.