Looking for a meaningful paid summer internship? Please apply for PenFed’s award-winning Summer College Internship! Our program will take place from May 31st to August 5th, 2022.
PenFed is hiring a Finance Transformation Business Intern at our Tysons, Virginia location. PenFed’s Internship Program offers college students with a meaningful internship experience from which they can make informed future career decisions. Our internships are meant to provide a great test drive of our company, industry, and of a potential career field. Interns are fully integrated into our business departments across the entire enterprise and assigned to meaningful and impactful projects solving real business problems faced by our company. Each intern is assigned a hiring manager and a mentor along with an employee who was a recent intern. In addition to the work our interns do within their respective departments, our interns will all work together on one large impactful summer internship project.
The PenFed Summer College Internship Program is a competitive, ten-week program that provides college students hands-on business education and skills development. The program includes professional leadership development, personality assessments, executive presentations and interaction, team building events, vol!unteering, career readiness training, social media training, mentoring, and meaningful work related to desired career paths that solve real world business problems. Qualified interns who prove themselves to be valuable additions to the PenFed Team could receive a full-time offer at the end of the program!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Create/write reports from Loan Accounting System to be produced automatically monthly and shared with various departments at PenFed
- Provide analytics and insights
- Show product trending ratios
- Update and document business rules for the Loan Accounting System working in conjunction with Accounting and Finance Transformation
- UAT Testing, including performing data comparison and analysis, conducting data quality checks, and working in conjunction with multiple departments on identifying correct data (or data cleanup) if it is incorrect
- Automated Project Financials and Resource Management solution
- Tableau based solution for a dashboard and reporting
- Capitalization and Spend to Forecast analysis across Finance or all PenFed
- Participate in collaborative group project with internship cohort
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Currently enrolled full-time in a four-year program with an accredited institution
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior with a minimum of 60+ credits completed prior to June 2022 studying Business Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or a similar degree
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Must have experience with SQL
- Experience with project management, helpful
- Experience with Tableau Reporting/Business Analytics, helpful
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must have creative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Must be highly motivated
- Must have a competitive GPA/demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Must provide copies of your unofficial transcript with initial application and official copies before internship start date (if selected)
- Must be able to work for PenFed during the entire summer program timeframe
- Strongly encouraged to not take college courses during summer program timeframe
- Veterans encouraged to apply
This role will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.