Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 100+ metal and glass production facilities in more than 20 countries, employing approximately more than 23,000 people and have global sales of more than $9bn.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
Purpose of the Role:
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for accounting for Fixed Assets, Lease accounting, monthly accounting close, posting of journal entries, preparing account reconciliations for review and intercompany balancing. This role also assists the Manager – Financial Reporting and VP - Finance in directed project work.
Fixed Asset Accounting
- Review and report monthly spend to capital projects
- Establish investment orders within SAP once a CAR has been approved
- Monitor and assist with CAR approval process
- Capitalize assets in the FA system once a project is completed and put into service
- Monitor projects and follow up with project manager to ensure projects are closed on a timely basis
- Report Fixed Asset detail into Qlikview reporting
- Post Monthly depreciation
- Perform monthly closings duties, including preparing standard journal entries for month end close
- Prepare and review analysis to ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and supported
- Manage and prepare all documentation and entries related to Lease accounting Upload SAP Financials into HFM and clear validations for F&S NA entities
- Prepare work papers as needed by internal and external audits.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, three to five years of manufacturing experience in entry level finance or accounting position, and/or a CPA.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including US GAPP and IFRS.
- Knowledge and experience with Fixed Asset Accounting.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, preferable SAP and HFM.
- Excellent professional communication both written and verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to participate in group meetings.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.