With guidance from leadership, the Senior Financial Analyst position is responsible for analyzing, researching, interpreting and reporting complex financial issues. This position is heavily involved in annual budget preparation, capital planning and tracking, and assigned ad hoc projects. As a member of the Financial Reporting team, this role is expected to support efforts in improving financial processes, ensuring reporting accuracy and building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals.
This position reports directly to the Financial Reporting Director, has no direct reports and is at the System level in the Accounting department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of financial data in dependent systems, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and System policies and procedures while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of information.
- Analyze monthly financial statements and statistics to identify variances between planned and actual transactions to understand the cause and adjust forecasts and long range plans accordingly.
- Research financial/accounting issues and propose changes to Management necessary to maintain the integrity of financial information.
- Assist leadership with the preparation of Capital and Operating plans for distribution to the CHRISTUS Board, CHRISTUS Audit Committee, and CHRISTUS Finance and Strategy Committee.
- Create and maintain financial and ad hoc reports in a variety of systems including but not limited to Infor Spreadsheet Designer/BIRST, Strata Decision Technology, Meditech and Excel.
- Support Senior Management, Regional and Corporate Associates with data requests and analyses.
- Complete special projects assigned by the Director of Financial Reporting, Vice President of Operational Analytics, or System Controller.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required; Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL preferre
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations & legislation as related to accounting functions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently on special projects and complex assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization.
- Knowledge of Infor/Lawson and Strata Decision Technology, or general healthcare forecasting and planning techniques preferred.
- Two or more years of advanced experience in accounting, financial and operational analysis or similarly related fields
- Healthcare operations experience, including but not limited to budgeting, planning, and capital management preferred