Financial Analyst - Revenue Recognition & Analytics
Assist in the valuation and recording of all revenue and associated receivable reserves for all domestic DIS businesses (approx. $7B revenue and $4B reserves in 2018) and the related accuracy and integrity of the reported numbers, as well as ownership and responsibility for the analysis, forecasting and budgeting of revenues and volumes for the Domestic DIS businesses. (Related revenue approximates $7B).
Support an appropriate accounting control environment that produces “ no surprises”, tightly manages the internal control environment, meets the requirements of the Company’s Internal Control Assessment supporting requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley, ensure “clean” internal and external audit reviews, adherence to accounting policies and authorization practices, and overall integrity of the financial statements.
Contribute to the Company’s establishment of a Revenue Analytics Center of Expertise by identifying significant trends, explaining monthly financial results, and assisting in the revenue and volume forecasting and budgeting process. Work hand in hand with the Senior Financial Analysts in the centralization of revenue analytics, forecasting and budgeting processes (processes, SOP’s, checklists, system configuration and tools) to support efficient and effective analytics, forecasting and budgeting.
Develop and maintain standardized best practices regarding the reporting and analysis of revenues, analytical tools and related processes. Drive continuous improvement to deliver the highest quality. Continually reassess customer needs in light of business / market dynamics, proactively identifying trends and working with Business Partners to adjust deliverables accordingly.
Participate in the generation of weekly volume reporting and own reconciliations that are critical to revenue recognition and analytics. The lab-to-billing reconciliation is a key element of the control environment that ensure the completeness of our revenue.
Generate and review key reports in support of the revenue recognition and accounts receivable valuation process. Reports include items such as disallowance, bad debt, adjustments, rejects, cash and DSO. Contribute to the Company’s Management Reporting to Senior Management (CFO, VP Controller) through contributions to the monthly “Accounts Receivable and Billing Report”.
Serve as an effective business partner to Regional Revenue Services and Finance personnel. Actively participate in monthly billing deck calls. Review billing benchmarks for changes in trend.
Special projects, as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• A minimum of 1 - 3 years related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• CPA and/or MBA or progress towards is a plus
• Employees must upload or send to the Recruiter a completed Request For Transfer (RFT) and the employee's most recent Performance Development & Review (PDR).
• Please log in or register to upload a resume and complete the online application.
• Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way.
• Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."